CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Lyla's First Tooth!

Lyla got her first tooth on Monday! We were all excited until we realized that teeth mean crying--lots of crying. Crying during the day, crying in the car, crying at night--inconsolable, gut wrenching, gum-splitting crying. It's only for a few minutes, except at night when it can last half an hour--poor thing. Our pediatrician recommended whisky on her gums. I thought about it and after doing a little reading and getting a second opinion decided to opt against it. I tried the oragel which she didn't seem to enjoy, and there was a little left on my finger so I tried it myself and found out why she didn't like it--it makes your mouth tingle like crazy. We've given her a bit of tylenol but I don't want to rely on that, so we may just stick to the frozen teethers. The tooth may also explain why Lyla has boycotted solid foods the past week or so. She wants nothing to do with eating at all--won't even open her mouth. She had her six-month check up on Tuesday which went well, except that her hight and weight both dropped from about the 20% to 10%. The PA we saw wasn't concerned but I am. She is ALMOST 14 pounds (13lbs 15oz), 24 1/2 inches. Lyla is also becoming the master roller, going from tummy to back, then back to tummy, over and over again. I will get some photos up eventually--it's just been a very busy couple of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment