CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Five Weeks Old!

Lyla is growing like a weed! She had her one month doctor's appointment and weighed in at 8lbs 10oz (30th percentile) and measured 20 3/4 inches (also 30th percentile). Babies are supposed to gain roughly half a pound a week for the first couple months and she's right on track gaining 1lb 6oz in three weeks. I'm glad she's a little on the smaller side because she has a ton of 3 month size summer clothes that she has to fit into this summer! Her pediatrician was very happy with her progress and how she is doing so that's always good to hear. She got her hepatitis B shot and I'm not sure who it was worse for--her or me. Luckily only one of us was crying (I'll let you guess who!) She's been improving on her already good sleep habits--the past three nights she slept six hours, ate, then slept another 4 hours! Last night she slep from 11pm-10am and only got up once during that time to eat. Mike had a work party at our house on Friday and all his co-workers enjoyed passing Lyla around (she seemed to enjoy it too!) Yesterday we had a nice visit from my parents and grandmother who got to meet Lyla for the first time. We went out for dinner and Lyla slept through the entire meal as we were hoping. Today we went for a stroll at Presque Isle park even though it was a bit overcast. Hopefully the weather will improve soon and we can spend more time outside. She's been evn more attentive this week and seems to really be paying more attention to her surroundings. A couple times I think she might have actually smiled on purpose but I can't be sure. I'm hoping she starts smiling more in the next couple weeks. I have three weeks left until I go back on rotations. I'm really going to miss spending this time with her but I hope I enjoy getting back into the swing of things. Here's some photos from the past week.








No comments:

Post a Comment