CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 10, 2009

Lots of Changes

Lyla is ten weeks old today! There have been some changes recently—namely that I went back to my rotations two weeks ago. It honestly wasn’t as bad as I was expecting. I was anticipating lots of tears and not wanting to go to work, but so far things have been going well. I think it helps a lot that Mike is home with her right now and she’s not in daycare. I think if I were dropping her off at daycare it would have been much harder for me to cope with the transition. Lyla has definitely gotten into a nice routine which she follows most days. I wake her up at 5:30 to feed her and we play for a bit. Then she goes back to sleep in her crib around 6:30 if Mike is staying home, otherwise I’ll get her dressed and she goes to soccer practice with Mike. If she’s home she’ll sleep until 9-10 and Mike gets to enjoy sleeping in a bit, then she eats and plays for a bit with daddy. At noon Mike and Lyla visit me at the hospital so she can eat again. On the car ride home she usually falls asleep and sleeps until I get home at 3. She eats and we play in the afternoon, have dinner, bath, get ready for bed, and she goes to bed around 9:30. On days when she goes to practice with Mike she usually sleeps for the first 1-2 hours, then eats, then hangs out in her stroller. Mike is working on using the sling so he can carry her around when she gets a bit fussy.

Mike’s sister Amy and her fiancĂ© Simon went back home to England last Monday after visiting for two weeks. We had lots of fun with them and they were a ton of help with Lyla, especially the first week I was back at work. It was sad to see them go.

Other changes—Lyla has moved out of her bassinet and now sleeps in her crib at night. The first couple nights were a bit of a transition. She had been sleeping through the night (8-11 hours!) since she was 5 weeks old (I know, I know, this is not normal, most parents are probably glaring at me when I tell them this. We really didn’t do anything special—we just got lucky to have a baby that sleeps so well!) but the first four nights in her crib she started waking up again in the middle of the night. This wasn’t too much fun, especially since I had to be up at 5 to go to work, but it was short lived and she’s back to sleeping from 9:30-5:30. She’d probably sleep longer if I didn’t have to wake her up to feed her. We do put her down to sleep awake so that she learns to fall asleep on her own, and at night when we put her in her crib she usually closes her eyes within 30 seconds and is out cold!

Developmentally Lyla is speeding past her milestones! She’s smiling a ton now! She mimics us sticking out our tongue at her. She studies faces very intensely and has started touching toys deliberately (not grabbing them yet though). She’s also been “talking” a lot with lots of inflection and intonation in her voice, and is really close to laughing (she does a little piggy squeal right now that is too cute!

On Tuesday she had her two-month check up and rolled from her tummy to her back for the first time on the exam table! Mike and I were very excited! She weighed in at 10lbs 6oz (still 30%) and was 22 inches long (also 30%). Here’s our little chickadee at 2 months old:









No comments:

Post a Comment