CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 19, 2009

New Tricks

Lyla is 11 weeks old now and her new trick for the week is laughing! She's only done it a couple times (mostly with Mike--apparently he's more funny than I am!) but they were definitely real laughs! It was way too cute! I can't wait until she does it on a regular basis and I can video-tape it!

She has also really started discovering her hands. She reaches for toys and touches them (especialy the crinkly stuffed toys which she likes a lot), and also bats at the toys on the toy bar of her bouncer (see the video of her doing this on flickr!).

Lastly, drooling. This is not really a trick, more of an annoyance, but my kid has suddenly turned into a water fountain. Sometimes she's just drenched in her own spit (and sometimes I'm the one drenched in it!). I definitely found a use for all those little cotton bibs I thought I'd never need!

Next weekend Lyla and I head to Buffalo where I start a new rotation. My mom will watch Lyla the first week while Mike is away at a conference. It should be interesting! I know my parents will have a ball with her. It will also be nice to spend some time with my friends up there--Rachael and her baby Sophie, and Kathleen will be visiting Buffalo sometime in the next month with her brand new baby Jack who was born July 10th! We can't wait to meet the little guy!

I went to visit Lyla's daycare which she will start in five weeks and it was heartbreking. The center is very nice--tp of the line security with password to get in, video cameras in the room which you can watch on your computer. It's very clean and seems well organized. The problem is that I don't know these people. I'm going to be handing over my baby to complete strangers! it was quite upsetting to say the least. I haven't had any trouble adjusting going back to rotations, I think because Mike has been with her so I feel very comfortable leaving her. Next month I'm sure will be the same with my parents. But daycare---I foresee this being a bigger transition for me than for Lyla! I think we have a meeting with the staff before she starts just to ask questions and so they get to know her (and we get to know them)....hopefully this will aleviate some of my anxiety!

Here's what little Lyla has been up to this week:


Here's the drool that I mentioned--this is only a little though!



Lyla playing with her toys






All ready for bath



Look at all those rolls!


So cute!



Happy as a clam after her bath

No comments:

Post a Comment